Friday, February 19, 2010

Long Garden Blogspot What To Use As Columns?

What to use as columns? - long garden blogspot

I am a major project under the motto "7 Wonders Of The Ancient World"

I finished the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7Qor3gJr8sk/Sj ...)

I want to do the Temple of Artemis, now .... But I do not know what I can use as the columns! The temple is 119 or fewer columns! I can make 119 bottles of paper, I can not use, 119 pieces of straw, since we are talking about images, and to achieve the use of these things to a higher level than desired. I thought the wooden sticks (like a toothpick, but longer), but I think it will look kind of rough.


What do you think?

1 comments:

meenaksh... said...

Good work on the project of Babylon!

What about the use of nails or needles for columns? You can needle with thick foam [them for wool, blankets, etc. - not sure what they're called - darn needles socks?] Are used. These are slightly thinner than a toothpick and hold the miniature scale. Check craft stores for the variety - in all shapes and lengths.

Of course we want to look out of metal. to provide for the painting with acrylic colors, a realistic representation. to do so easily, string through several hands with a knot between 2 hands to keep them apart, and then bathe in the color and hang to dry. Quick and easy, is not it!

Or use the pin to the desired thickness and length.
You can also try artificial flower accessories - wire covered with colored plastic desired [p. ex. used for the stamens, stems, etc..]
and is replaced by a wooden skewer stick, just like toothpicks, but 3-4 times as much. to use to make Satays etc.

Hope this helps
good luck and have fun :-))

Post a Comment